Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

What do you have to be to street preach?

jfranklin6

What do you have to be to street preach?

Post by jfranklin6 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Does one have to be called in order to street preach? I have recently read Preachers and Preaching by DM Lloyd Jones and am under the impression that you must. But what of Apollos even Paul himself, called by God but not of men. Also, my town is so lacking of actual Christian witness, His people are being destroyed by a lack of knowledge.

Please keep in mind, I am reformed, so I take what happpened in Scripture as what we should do.
    elnwood

Re: What do you have to be to street preach?

Post by elnwood on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:09 pm

I don't think you need to, any more than you need to be "called" to share the gospel with a friend in private. I think it would be wise, though, to get permission from your church leaders. It is best for evangelism efforts to be tied to a local church.

Jonathan Hunt

Post by Jonathan Hunt on Fri May 15, 2009 3:51 pm

The answer will differ depending on which flavour of 'reformed' you are. In my past, street preaching was by permission of the elders of the church, and under their supervision.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:40 am