Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

Hard to believe

Adam
    Admin

Hard to believe

Post by Adam on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm

I'll start with the book that changed my life

John MacArthur's "Hard to Believe"

I highly recommend it!

Pilgrim

Re: Hard to believe

Post by Pilgrim on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Adam wrote:I'll start with the book that changed my life

I highly recommend it!

The Vanishing Conscience was the first MacArthur book I read. It was also my first introduction to Calvinism, and I readily accepted it. Once I became more and more Reformed, as I'm sure a lot of people do, I paid little attention to him and regarded him as little better than a gateway to leaders like Lloyd-Jones, the Puritans and more confessional Reformed thought. But lately I have found myself going back to him more and more. I think the big formative influence MacArthur had on me (as well as Lloyd-Jones influence) is a big reason why I never could get into White Horse Inn. I identify too much with the revivalism of Lloyd-Jones, Edwards and Whitefield (while basically all Calvinists have issues with the Second Great Awakening, some of the Reformed attack the First Great Awakening as well) and also think that MacArthur has addressed the issue of political involvement better than WHI has. In the programs I've heard on that subject, WHI basically just attacks convenient straw men. I am however thankful for their efforts at getting people to think about theological matters.
    Vtwin

Post by Vtwin on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Adam wrote:I'll start with the book that changed my life

I highly recommend it!

+2 here ! Great read.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:46 pm