Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

Hey Adam, why did you make this board?

Adam
    Admin

Hey Adam, why did you make this board?

Post by Adam on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Ok, many of you know I recently "left" a board I had been a member of for nearly five years. There was a time where I was frustrated, angry, annoyed, and upset over issues that happened there. That said, they made every effort to reconcile with me and I appreciate them for doing so! My negative feelings are gone and I still maintain a membership there. Many of the smartest people I know post there and I learned so much solid theology and doctrine as a member as well! May God richly bless them always.

So why did I create this place?

Well, I wanted a board that was a lot less "stringent". A board that had a wider audience. A board where the confessions are respected and even followed but still a place where one did not have to completely submit to every aspect of the confessions at this point in their life/Christian walk.

I wanted a board where we can try and teach those who don't even know of the confessions about them and why we hold them in esteem. A board where Sundays are set aside to worship God but it's also ok to watch a football game or rake your front yard.

A board where dispensationalists can join us even though they may be in the minority and many of us may try and convince them they are wrong (lol). A board where you don't have to have all your ducks in a row but you'd like to and seek understanding and wisdom. A board where Jesus is Lord of all but it's ok to watch American Idol (even though I hate that name!)

Many of us will be "like minded" here on most issues and we will seek to bring any who are not our direction, but we will not cast you out until you've arrived.

That's why I made this board and for no other reasons. Feel free to join knowing I have no animosity toward any person or website/message forum. I simply seek to make something more suited to where I am theologically.

God bless!

-Adam

Kevin

Re: Hey Adam, why did you make this board?

Post by Kevin on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Good idea, Adam.

I think that the internet is big enough for a variety of forums.
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks Kevin, I hope all are that understanding and believe the reasons I've stated her. I've actually been thinking of this for over a year now.

Jonathan Hunt

Post by Jonathan Hunt on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 pm

What about the Reformation Superhighway? Laughing

On a seperate note, this thing doesn't seem to be attaching my signature.
    spokenfor

Post by spokenfor on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 pm

I'll admit to still being dispy. Mostly because that's how I was raised and I have not studied the subject yet. (dont start trying to convert me yet...I have two more books I want to finish before I tackle the subject).

I'll pray for the salvation of all of you who watch American Idol! tongue
    spokenfor

Post by spokenfor on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:40 pm

My signature does not attach either, despite clicking the box below that says "Attach signature". cyclops
    MrMerlin777

Post by MrMerlin777 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm glad to hear that you are harboring no malice Adam. Some things on other boards tend to frustrate me as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in essential agreement with most of the confessions of "classical Protestantism" with little exceptions here and there. I see that they are very useful. However, confessions are not the Scriptures. Even the confessions themselves attest to this fact. So frankly, for one to be "confessional" one must put the Scripture first and if the confession differs we should take the word of Scripture over the words of the confessions.

Hope this board does well my friend.

Grace and Peace
    LexRex

Post by LexRex on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:11 pm

MrMerlin777 wrote:I'm glad to hear that you are harboring no malice Adam. Some things on other boards tend to frustrate me as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in essential agreement with most of the confessions of "classical Protestantism" with little exceptions here and there. I see that they are very useful. However, confessions are not the Scriptures. Even the confessions themselves attest to this fact. So frankly, for one to be "confessional" one must put the Scripture first and if the confession differs we should take the word of Scripture over the words of the confessions.

Hope this board does well my friend.

Grace and Peace

Ditto!

Where is the "Thank" button around here? Very Happy
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:52 pm

I'll look into the signature thing guys. Not sure about "thanks" being available. Suspect
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Try using your signatures now.
    Ivan

Post by Ivan on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Regarding the Reformation Superhighway...I find it more restrictive than 'other' boards. Not so much in rules, but if there are certain things you don't believe...well, you know.

www.maranatha-sbc.com
    MrMerlin777

Post by MrMerlin777 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Ivan wrote:Regarding the Reformation Superhighway...I find it more restrictive than 'other' boards. Not so much in rules, but if there are certain things you don't believe...well, you know.

Interesting,

Can't say I've noticed that and I post regularly over there.
    MrMerlin777

Post by MrMerlin777 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:00 pm

spokenfor wrote:I'll pray for the salvation of all of you who watch American Idol! tongue

lol!
    Ivan

Post by Ivan on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:04 pm

MrMerlin777 wrote:
    Ivan wrote:Regarding the Reformation Superhighway...I find it more restrictive than 'other' boards. Not so much in rules, but if there are certain things you don't believe...well, you know.

Interesting,

It's why I left. It was intolerable. Perhaps things have changed. I left well over a year ago.

www.maranatha-sbc.com
    MrMerlin777

Post by MrMerlin777 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Ivan wrote:
    MrMerlin777 wrote:

Interesting,

It's why I left. It was intolerable. Perhaps things have changed. I left well over a year ago.

You might want to drop in again to "test the water". I've found the place pretty well rounded frankly.
    Ivan

Post by Ivan on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:37 pm

MrMerlin777 wrote:
    Ivan wrote:
    MrMerlin777 wrote:

Interesting,

You might want to drop in again to "test the water". I've found the place pretty well rounded frankly.
    I may.

www.maranatha-sbc.com

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:55 am

MrMerlin777 wrote:
    Ivan wrote:
    MrMerlin777 wrote:

Interesting,

Those who were unhappy with that forum for doctrinal reasons likely won't find any reason to change their minds about it now.
    Ivan

Post by Ivan on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 am

Pilgrim wrote:
    MrMerlin777 wrote:
    Ivan wrote:
    MrMerlin777 wrote:

Interesting,

Those who were unhappy with that forum for doctrinal reasons likely won't find any reason to change their minds about it now.

Therefore I'd probably not change my mind. Let's just leave it at that.

www.maranatha-sbc.com

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:24 pm