Fisher's Of Men

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

+3
Pilgrim
elnwood
Adam
7 posters

Puritan Board

Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Puritan Board Empty Puritan Board

Post by Adam Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:48 pm

If you're strongly "reformed" and submit to the confession(s) the PB is a wonderful, Godly resource! I've been blessed there greatly over the years.

Note: If you do not submit to the confessions (they list them there) then please know that you cannot join. Do not sin and misrepresent yourself in your application to join.
    elnwood
    elnwood

Puritan Board Empty Re: Puritan Board

Post by elnwood Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:08 am

Adam wrote:If you're strongly "reformed" and submit to the confession(s) the PB is a wonderful, Godly resource! I've been blessed there greatly over the years.

Note: If you do not submit to the confessions (they list them there) then please know that you cannot join. Do not sin and misrepresent yourself in your application to join.

If you join, you'll also find out whether you're actually "reformed" or not.

Hey, where's the can of worms icon when you need it?
    Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:39 pm

I thought I was Reformed when I joined only to reassess things a few years later and realized that I'm not, at least by a strict definition.
    Ivan
    Ivan

Post by Ivan Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:08 pm

I subscribe to the 1689, but that being said I don't worry about it. In the essential doctrines I'm fine there. There are certain subjects I avoid. I'm not going to change and they aren't going to change. Period.
    elnwood
    elnwood

Post by elnwood Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 pm

You'll also discover that everybody you thought was Reformed aren't really Reformed! For example, almost all of Monergism's Hall of Contemporary Reformers:
    John Piper
    R. C. Sproul
    Tim Keller
    John MacArthur
    Al Mohler
    C. J. Mahaney
    D. A. Carson
    Mark Dever
    John Frame
    James M. Boice
    J. I. Packer

Who knew?

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/bio/contempreform.html
    Jonathan Hunt

Post by Jonathan Hunt Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:23 am

The PB is like everything else online, it is what it is. You take the stuff that is helpful and stay away from what does not profit you. It is a private board like any other. Whilst I do not agree with many things that have been said and done, I support the right of the owners of the board to say and do as they see fit.
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:51 am

as do I
    elnwood
    elnwood

Post by elnwood Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Jonathan Hunt wrote:The PB is like everything else online, it is what it is. You take the stuff that is helpful and stay away from what does not profit you. It is a private board like any other. Whilst I do not agree with many things that have been said and done, I support the right of the owners of the board to say and do as they see fit.

Agreed. They do have the legal right to do as they see fit. My purpose is, in a thread that recommends their forum, to point out more clearly what they believe.

That they are a "Reformed" board, or even a "Confessionally Reformed" board, does not fully describe their limits on Reformed orthodoxy, and I think that people ought to know this before they join. I'm sure they would support their beliefs being made known more clearly.

A list of who they don't consider Reformed is much more illustrative of what they believe Reformed to mean than simply "they hold to the confessions."
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 pm

Good enough, they are indeed very STRICTLY reformed. That's why/where I came up with the idea of being only "PMR" (pretty much reformed) Smile
    Wannabee

Post by Wannabee Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Jonathan Hunt wrote:The PB is like everything else online, it is what it is. You take the stuff that is helpful and stay away from what does not profit you. It is a private board like any other. Whilst I do not agree with many things that have been said and done, I support the right of the owners of the board to say and do as they see fit.

Heh. I don't even agree with many things I've posted there. Still reforming...
    MrMerlin777
    MrMerlin777

Post by MrMerlin777 Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:33 am

Adam wrote:If you're strongly "reformed" and submit to the confession(s) the PB is a wonderful, Godly resource! I've been blessed there greatly over the years.

They do allow some on a case by case basis that do not "strictly subscribe". But one is not allowed to discuss issues deemed out of accord with the confessions, unless of course one is explaining why said issue is wrong and the confession is correct.

Yep the PB is a great resource but be advised it is strictly confessional.
    elnwood
    elnwood

Post by elnwood Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:26 pm

MrMerlin777 wrote:They do allow some on a case by case basis that do not "strictly subscribe". But one is not allowed to discuss issues deemed out of accord with the confessions, unless of course one is explaining why said issue is wrong and the confession is correct.

Yep the PB is a great resource but be advised it is strictly confessional.

That is my experience as well. It was good for finding out the "strictly confessionally reformed" view on anything, but not a good place for forming your own views since free discussion was often restrained and censored.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:28 pm