Fisher's Of Men

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

4 posters

Circuit City going out of business sale?

Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Circuit City going out of business sale? Empty Circuit City going out of business sale?

Post by Adam Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Ok, stopped in my local CC today to see what I could find. My younger brother (not Vtwin) works at CC but this wasn't the one he works at.

I found it very annoying and slightly underhanded. (lol) Of course I don't blame the regular employees who are just there to make a living, but outside of a few "decent" deals they seem to be trying to rip people off, and I can pretty much prove it.

-A Lexmark printer "on sale" for only $55 (they claim it's normally $75) but I have seen the exact printer at other stores (Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target) for $45 NOT on sale.

-SD memory cards over priced ($30 for a 2 gig card) supposedly "slashed" to $19.99 (which is about the normal price most places)

-HP notebook AC adapters (I need one of these and went in to get a good deal on one) we're "slashed" from $90 to $70 when in fact $70 is the normal price at other stores. I just left Wal Mart and Best Buy because I didn't want to pay that yet CC was claiming this was the "going out of business sales price!"

-Non sale items (like Go phones, and Net 10 phones) while normally $20 in every store I've ever seen them in we're going for $27.99

Now, they DID have some good deals on video games. You could get many $59.99 games for only $35, great! BUT....they marked every game they had (including games now selling for 30-40 bucks every where else) up to $59.99 so the sales price of $35 was actually the regular price of the game (lol)

If they ever really want to have a REAL going out of business sale I'll be there with as much money as possible, but what they are doing now (except for a few real deals) is NOT a major bargain at all. I only managed to buy a few ethernet cords for $5 each that we're in an old crusty bin with a hand made sign. besides that, I couldn't believe the "non-deals".

Just thought I'd share my experience in case anyone else is thinking of looking for a great "deal".
    elnwood
    elnwood

Circuit City going out of business sale? Empty Re: Circuit City going out of business sale?

Post by elnwood Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:29 pm

That's funny, I just went to CC today and had a similar assessment about the electronics. I ended up buying a computer game at half price, and the older DVDs were well-priced.
    Scottish Lass
    Scottish Lass

Circuit City going out of business sale? Empty Re: Circuit City going out of business sale?

Post by Scottish Lass Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Same experience here.
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:31 pm

I've just never seen a going out of business sale like that. I've been to several and they are always priced so low that stuff in the store goes almost instantly. CC was still pretty full of stuff while advertising AMAZING deals.
    Scottish Lass
    Scottish Lass

Post by Scottish Lass Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm

CompUSA was similar until the last couple days they were open. The rolling closures many stores use now adds to the lack of deals. They don't care if they don't sell everything in the first two sets of stores they close--enough suckers will not notice the non-sale prices, and they'll just move what doesn't sell at first to the few remaining stores still open. We went from 3 CC to 1 here in Louisville, so no deals here.
    spokenfor
    spokenfor

Post by spokenfor Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Well..they do have creditors they have to pay..

The CC near me has already closed. I didn't bother going in - but then I never shopped there before, either.
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 pm

I understand they have "bills" but bait and switching or false advertising is still wrong imo. If something isn't marked down, don't mark it up and then lower it to normal price to advertise a sale.
    Scottish Lass
    Scottish Lass

Post by Scottish Lass Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Adam,
    You better avoid jewelry and furniture stores, too--that's pretty standard practice to mark up in order to mark down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:36 am