Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

If you had to choose one passage of scripture.....

Vtwin

If you had to choose one passage of scripture.....

Post by Vtwin on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 pm

One passage only for the rest of your life, what would you choose ?
    I think I would have to pick the 21st chapter of John. I have been restored over and over again by this. I have been where Peter was. I know the feeling of rejecting Christ to pursue... what ever. Some times we can reject him inadvertantly and realizing it later in life when we realize we screwed things up. When that happens the Holy Spirit convicts and brings us to repentance and at that point God restores us.
    Imagine the shame Peter felt the sitting on the shore. The savior had came to HIM, he was there with all of them, but he came with the express reason to speak to Peter.
    Do you love me Peter ? Do you love me Peter ? Do you love me Peter !? Then stop feeling sorry about the denial, and get up and do what I asked you to do ! Obviously I'm paraphrasing here, forgive me. But this is exactly how God spoke to me this past year through this chapter. I felt so mortified about this colossal failure in my life, that I could scarcely breath. Depression was physically painful, and I was an emotional wreck. My spiritual life was very week, and I just couldn't bring my self to care about ANYTHING ! Then... one morning as I lay in bed after work, I picked up my Bible and began to read this 21st chapter. Immediately I began to sense God's presence. I continued to read. "Do you love me Jayson ?", "Then stop feeling sorry for yourself". "Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do what I asked you to do !" You see, I had to learn that Satan is the accuser of the brethren, not God. These feelings of guilt and shame were not of God, and this passage helped me to see that. God forgives ! Because he loves us, and called us, and the gifts and callings of God are unrepentant. So, again, i ask you... if you had to choose just ONE passage, what would it be, and why ?
    Vtwin

Re: If you had to choose one passage of scripture.....

Post by Vtwin on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 am

Sleep anybody Question
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:29 pm

It's hard for me to come up with one. It used to be Psalm 91, but that's back when I was into the charismatic movement. It's still a great passage but reminds me too much of my "silly" doctrine days. I have to think a little more.

Post by Presbyterian Deacon on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Titus 2:11-15

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, [12] training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, [13] waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, [14] who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.
    [15] Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

This passage has it all:
    1. Salvation by Grace (verse 11).
    2. Sanctification (verse 12)
    3. Expectation and Watchfullness (verse 13)
    4. The blessing which flow from Christ's work on our behalf. (verse 14)
    5. A Call to spread the news! (verse 15).
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Whoa, nice one Sterling!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:50 am