Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

Stopped watching the news

Adam
    Admin

Stopped watching the news

Post by Adam on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:29 pm

I just can't take the bias, and constant silliness of it. It's also the end of the world with most conservative's as well. I used to watch Fox News all the time, or at least always had it on. It got to the point to where I was almost depressed all the time (lol). Rush Limbaugh, Todd Friel, and Albert Mohler are my news sources now.

Re: Stopped watching the news

Post by Scottish Lass on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 pm

I find aggregates like the Drudge Report to be helpful, as well. When they're collating from everywhere, not just the AP wire, I think it gives a better "big picture".
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Good point, I go there from time to time as well. I just got so sick of horrid bias, fluff stories I could care less about, or pundits trying to convince me all is lost. I used to like Bill O'reiley and Glen Beck but I swear listening to them for any length of time will make you want to never leave your house.

Post by Scottish Lass on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:43 pm

A little too much Chicken Little on their end! Rolling Eyes
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:46 pm

exactly, especially Beck. I wonder if his Mormonism has anything to do with it.

Jonathan Hunt

Post by Jonathan Hunt on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:51 pm

We often complain about our BBC but I think that honestly we get a better balance of reporting on BBC news than you guys get on all your millions of channels. The BBC is liberal, and we have nothing to compare with the likes of Fox, for example, but nonetheless there are rules and regulations the BBC has to follow like 'right of reply' that tends to give a better picture.
    MrMerlin777

Post by MrMerlin777 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:03 pm

I like to watch the BBC (I have satellite). I find the news focus to be alot more international in scope than here in the USA. It also seems to me (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the BBC is a bit more...hmmm how to put it... "Big pictureish" than details oriented. At least the reports I've seen.
    spokenfor

Post by spokenfor on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:27 pm

I don't watch the news anymore either. I certainly don't feel that I CAN with the kiddos around. I, too, get most of my news from Wretched Radio. Hubby likes to watch Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert, so even though I don't agree with their bias, I get snippets of what is happening in the world from them.
    Ivan

Post by Ivan on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Sometimes I listen to BBC radio, which is broadcast from 11:30 PM to 6:00 AM on our local PBS radio station. Sometimes I'll fall to sleep listening to them. Lately, I've been listening to WGN radio out of Chicago. From 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM there is a very indepth news program on a current event or something of historical significance. The host is Milt Rosenberg and he's had the program for ages. I do watch the local and national news, but it's becoming tougher to handle by the day.

www.maranatha-sbc.com

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:11 pm