Fisher's Of Men

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

3 posters

What's this?

Adam
    Adam
    Admin

What's this? Empty What's this?

Post by Adam Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm going to ask Kenny to explain this as it was his idea and I've simply jumped on board but I love it!

Let everyone know what's up Kenny!
    KennyJS
    KennyJS

What's this? Empty Re: What's this?

Post by KennyJS Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:11 pm

The idea is to copy and send DVD copies of Paul Washer's 10 Indictments sermon to Churches and fellow Christians who are not necessarily doctrinally sound. I'd specifically like to target pastors, youth pastors, and anyone else who has any authority or influence within the Church.

This is not an original idea, nor is it the beginning of a ministry or denomination. There are currently web sites who will send you the DVD free, as well as blogs and ministries that encourage you to share the sermon with others.

What I've personally done, is edited the DVD so that it's in more of a study format. Each indictment is split up into a different menu item, and after that indictment plays it goes back to the menu. The reason I did that is so that somebody doesn't have to watch it all the way through, and can focus on specific indictments related to their Church or Ministry. For example, if your Church practices loving and compassionate Church discipline and preach a solid Gospel, yet they seem to lean more toward psychology than the Bible when counseling; Indictment 10 will be the most effective indictment to that Church.

Also, what I will be doing this weekend is adding a link to this forum on the DVD where Churches, ministries, and Christians can come and discuss the topics.

With that said, please feel free to offer your thoughts and comments regarding the content of the DVD as we push toward Church a solid Gospel and a more Biblical method of reaching the lost and Church growth.

God bless!
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:01 pm

I really love this idea as a way to pleasantly reach out to so many Churches mixed up in "purpose driven" stuff, seeking their "best life now", etc. I really see this sermon on Paul Washer's as a way to open many doors.
    Jonathan Hunt

Post by Jonathan Hunt Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:52 pm

That is one amazing message and I pray it gets into every church!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm