Fisher's Of Men

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

+2
Adam
spokenfor
6 posters

On Why Spokenfor is Soundly Saved because of Todd Bentley!

spokenfor
    spokenfor

On Why Spokenfor is Soundly Saved because of Todd Bentley! Empty On Why Spokenfor is Soundly Saved because of Todd Bentley!

Post by spokenfor Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:44 am

I grew up in the Methodist and Congregational churches. My parents then became charismatic and we spent the next 10 years hopping from church to church in search of the next "experience" of God.

I had prayed the sinner's prayer at age 5 and was assured- by others- of my salvation. Yet, I always doubted my salvation and probably prayed the sinner's prayer a hundred more times between ages 5 and 27. Outwardly I may have "looked" like a Christian..I sang in a Christian band, was a camp counselor, went on missions trips, etc. But I was trying to get to God through my works. And it left me burnt out. At 27 I said, "forget it..I'm done with Christianity" and walked away.

Long story shortened- I started going back to church a couple years ago. I got involved in another charismatic church that got swept up in the Todd Bentley revival in Lakeland FL. While searching for youtube videos of the revival, I came across a clip from Way of the Master radio where Todd Friel was explaining what was wrong with that "revival". A suggested video popped up right after that one ended that was Paul Washer's "Shocking Message to 5,000 Youth."

By the end of that sermon, I was fully aware of my wretched state before God, that I had been a false convert for decades and that I was going to hell. I promptly repented and put my trust in Jesus Christ alone. My life has changed since that time, including my world view and religious views. I went from being an Arminian to a Calvinist pretty much overnight. I left that charismatic church and now have more of a reformed viewpoint.
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

On Why Spokenfor is Soundly Saved because of Todd Bentley! Empty Re: On Why Spokenfor is Soundly Saved because of Todd Bentley!

Post by Adam Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Awesome testimony. Many of us got wrapped up in charismatic "stuff" along the way. I remember being into Benny and his magic coat!
    GMcClain20
    GMcClain20

On Why Spokenfor is Soundly Saved because of Todd Bentley! Empty Re: On Why Spokenfor is Soundly Saved because of Todd Bentley!

Post by GMcClain20 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Amazing testimony! There was a time when I watched just about anything that came on TBN. I shutter to think about the trash I put into my head back then.
    spokenfor
    spokenfor

Post by spokenfor Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Should I contact Fresh Fire ministries and let them know someone actually got saved as a result of the revival? LOL

I have to say it was so totally God. Not only in orchestrating the circumstances, but the way it happened that day. I was sitting at my computer and it was literally a split second of time that I came to the realization of my sin- a sinking feeling in my heart- then this feeling of being lifted out of a pit. I spent the next week repenting (haven't stopped actually).
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:39 pm

This has made me think of a good topic for another forum Smile
    MrMerlin777
    MrMerlin777

Post by MrMerlin777 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:42 pm

Amazing testimony indeed. God will use the most amazing shocking things, or the most dull and mundane things to bring us to Himself.
    Jonathan Hunt

Post by Jonathan Hunt Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Wonderful to hear of Washer's message being used of God in that way. I hope you have sent a message to HEartcry to encourage him and let him know!
    Vtwin
    Vtwin

Post by Vtwin Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Wow, nice story. You know when you get saved. And you know when you aren't. You just don't know it at the time. I was in a similar state for years as well. I believe in eternal security, and some will say in order to be eternally secure, then predestination has to also apply. Don't know about that but, until I was truly saved my "Christianity" was absolutely a works based faith. Until God called me, and I ran to the alter and surrendered to him I was doubtful of my salvation. But, I can honestly say that I can clearly see that in hind sight. I couldn't see it then, it was just a unsuredness (not sure if that's a word).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am