Fisher's Of Men

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

4 posters

Bob's Testimony

Bob
    Bob

Bob's Testimony Empty Bob's Testimony

Post by Bob Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:53 pm

I was raised in a church-going family that taught me to pray before meals and attend church on Sunday. I made a profession of faith at the age of eight, and was subsequently baptized. From then on, I was a member of various Southern Baptist and General Baptist churches, thinking I was assured of going to heaven, all the while hating the idea that I was supposed to submit my lifestyle to some God….Years later, the Lord used a godly co-worker to open my eyes and heart to His truth. With the Lord’s help, I seek to glorify Him in all that I do. I currently subscribe to the London Baptist Confession.
    spokenfor
    spokenfor

Bob's Testimony Empty Re: Bob's Testimony

Post by spokenfor Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Praise God you are now soundly saved. Amazing how many false converts there are.
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:10 pm

What's great too is how God still redirects many first falsely converted. I wouldn't want to be a pastor that gave people a false sense of security on judgment day!
    Ivan
    Ivan

Post by Ivan Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Being a pastor is serious business. We deal with the eternal lives of people. It can be a very weighty burden at times. Yet, it is a joyous experience. I believe it is the most important calling a man can ever receive. I don't want to sound like I'm puffing myself up or other pastors, but being a pastor is a far more important job than being the president of the United States.
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:32 pm

absolutely!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 am