Fisher's Of Men

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians who believe Jesus Christ is Lord (fully God and fully man), that He must be your Lord in order to be your Savior, and that salvation is all God's doing and none of ours. Most of us are from the PMR group (Pretty Much Reformed)

3 posters

Aren't most "Arminian" Churches Semipelagian?

Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Aren't most "Arminian" Churches Semipelagian? Empty Aren't most "Arminian" Churches Semipelagian?

Post by Adam Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Seriously, aren't they? In fact Arminianism seems a little less dangerous to me.

"Semipelagian thought says a distinction is made between the beginning of faith and the increase of faith; while the latter is the work of God, the beginning of faith is an act of free will."

This is what I encounter in every Church I've ever visited or spoke to someone about outside reformed circles. Isn't that even worse than classical Arminianism?
    MrMerlin777
    MrMerlin777

Aren't most "Arminian" Churches Semipelagian? Empty Re: Aren't most "Arminian" Churches Semipelagian?

Post by MrMerlin777 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Since Semipelagianism like Pelagianism denies original sin I'd say that it is probably more dangerous than Arminianism which at least attests to man's total depravity and need for God's grace to be saved. Also Arminianism at least states that God's grace cannot be merited. Whereas Semipelagians and Pelagians believe that man contributes to his own salvation.

I'm glad one doesn't have to understand all the in's and out's of the doctrines of grace to be saved.
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Aren't most "Arminian" Churches Semipelagian? Empty Re: Aren't most "Arminian" Churches Semipelagian?

Post by Adam Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:43 pm

I fear as such that many of the modern Church are thus full of lost people. As of late I've had a strong burden for Churches that I believe feel they are truly on the right path but are not even close.
    MrMerlin777
    MrMerlin777

Post by MrMerlin777 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:54 pm

Adam wrote:I fear as such that many of the modern Church are thus full of lost people. As of late I've had a strong burden for Churches that I believe feel they are truly on the right path but are not even close.

I fear so as well. I fear that the anemic Church has many who believe themselves saved that aren't and many that fear they aren't saved that are.
    Ivan
    Ivan

Post by Ivan Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:57 pm

MrMerlin777 wrote:
    Adam wrote:I fear as such that many of the modern Church are thus full of lost people. As of late I've had a strong burden for Churches that I believe feel they are truly on the right path but are not even close.

I fear so as well. I fear that the anemic Church has many who believe themselves saved that aren't and many that fear they aren't saved that are.
    I don't think there is any doubt about it. I believe there is possibly millions that are lost on church membership rolls. I know it's true in the SBC.
    Adam
    Adam
    Admin

Post by Adam Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Ivan

Any idea how one would begin to try and get Churches to listen? I mean any idea at all? I have been working on a small idea (actually one of our members-Kenny) thought of it. We're taking Paul Washer's sermon (10 indictments against today's Church) and sending it to Churches we know are seeker friendly or off base in some way. I hope to include a contact e-mail for them if they have any questions. If it leads for a chance for me to speak at the Church, or even just to the pastor alone, great!

What do you think?
    Ivan
    Ivan

Post by Ivan Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:16 am

Adam wrote:Ivan

Any idea how one would begin to try and get Churches to listen? I mean any idea at all? I have been working on a small idea (actually one of our members-Kenny) thought of it. We're taking Paul Washer's sermon (10 indictments against today's Church) and sending it to Churches we know are seeker friendly or off base in some way. I hope to include a contact e-mail for them if they have any questions. If it leads for a chance for me to speak at the Church, or even just to the pastor alone, great!

What do you think?
    Hmmm...well, I believe I'd start where I am. Do you have opportunity to speak in your own church? Have you spoken to your pastor about it? He may have contacts that would be helpful for where you are located. How many opportunities have you had to speak on the subject?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:28 pm